Senior Mobile Software Engineer (Android, iOS - m/w)
Every day we connect millions of time table planners, teachers, students and parents. More than 20.000 schools around the globe rely on our software. Our portfolio includes a web application, a Windows desktop application and native apps for iOS and Android. We’ve been the market leader in this sector for more than 40 years. To remain in this position we made the decision to build a new generation of our products. This is a huge task and we need your help to achieve it.
About the job
We're hiring an experienced mobile developer for one of our cross-functional Scrum teams. The team currently consists of backend and web frontend developers, as well as testers. We want to add mobile development skills to the mix.
As a member of the team, your primary responsibility will be to implement features in our Android app, but you will also be working on the iOS app. Therefore, you should have strong Android skills and either experience in iOS development or at least the willingness to expand your skill set in that direction.
You will also be a member of our mobile community of practice, a peer group of Android and iOS developers in our company. This group is responsible for making technical decisions regarding our mobile apps.
In this position, you will:
- Develop new features in our Android and iOS apps as a member of your Scrum team
- Work closely with our product managers and UX designers, as well as web frontend and backend developers
- Make company-wide technical decisions and experiment with new technologies as part of our mobile community of practice
- Help and coach your colleagues
Pay and benefits
- An annual salary starting at 50.000 euros. We're open to pay more depending on your qualification and experience + a bonus depending on company success
- Flexible working hours and home office on specific work days
- Modern offices with a sunny garden and gym
- Catered lunch
As a senior mobile software engineer, we expect you to:
- Be comfortable making technical decisions, together with your team members and fellow mobile developers
- Play an active role in our development processes
- Be a good team player
- Provide guidance to less experienced colleagues
- Have several years of experience in developing complex mobile applications (Android and possibly iOS)
- Have good knowledge of the following technologies, techniques and tools:
- Android Studio, Material Design, Kotlin
- Unit testing
- Bonus points for:
- Reactive programming, MVVM, clean-code, app development in corporate style
- Libraries/frameworks: Google support & architecture libraries, Retrofit 2, Koin, Realm, Kotlin coroutines
- iOS skills
- Having apps in the PlayStore
- Be constantly learning and interested in new technologies
- Be excited to solve complex problems
- Have a degree in software engineering or relevant work experience to prove that you don’t need one
- Have good English skills, as well as German skills
In exchange, you get the opportunity to actively shape the future of our applications, your team, and the whole company.