Senior Backend Developer (m/f/x)
We make everyday life at school easier (https://www.untis.at/en/why-untis/company/about-untis) by connecting millions of timetablers, teachers, students and parents in more than 25.000 schools around the world.
To maintain our family-like culture with currently ~90 employees, we value reliability, courage, passion & enthusiasm, and mutual support (https://www.untis.at/jobs/how-we-work).
For the last 50 years we have been building solutions in the field of school administration (https://www.untis.at/50-jahre) and recently made the decision to create a new generation of our products.
This is where you come in.
These are some of the technologies and tools we use
- Java, Spring, Hibernate and Gradle
- IntelliJ IDEA, JIRA, Confluence, GitLab, Kubernetes
- Older technologies: JSP, SQL
- Newer technologies: Restful Java Services, Kafka, React
Pay and benefits
- A competitive salary depending on your qualification and experience (Minimum 2020 IT-KV salary for ST1: 48,286)
- Possibility for remote work up to three days per week
- A significant part of the company earnings is distributed to the employees
- A dedicated team budget for personal development
- Flexible working hours and home office possibility
- Flat decision-making structures, eye-level communication, and product focus
- An (award-winning) modern office in Stockerau with team rooms and collaboration areas
- A big sunny garden to enjoy catered lunch and beers and even an office gym
- A garage for parking your car, scooter, or bike
The hiring process
At Untis, we believe that our work speaks for itself - therefore:
- Submit your initial application & a work sample to give us a first impression.
- Work on a real life Untis problem.
- Discuss the reasoning behind your work, collaboratively.
- Learn from each other's goals and interests.
- You are part of Untis!
P.S.: This profile was a product of many iterations and ideas from across the organisation
As an experienced internal developer working in one of our cross-functional Scrum teams you will:
- Design, develop new features and maintain our multi tenancy Java web applications.
- Work closely with our Product Managers, DevOps and Operations
- Work on every Scrum artifact (implementation, documentation, testing) and take responsibility for our products.
- Implement the backend of a complex web application using latest technologies (Java/Spring stack).
- Work comfortably inside a cross-functional team, by learning and helping in different approaches.
- Make company-wide technical decisions within the backend community of practice.
- Evaluate and experiment with new technologies and work on architecture decisions.
- Maintain and extend our legacy backend services and integrate new services with the existing application.
- Have good English skills, as well as a working knowledge of German (B1).