Product Owner (m/f/x)
We make everyday life at school easier (https://www.untis.at/en/why-untis/company/about-untis) by connecting millions of timetablers, teachers, students, and parents in more than 25.000 schools around the world.
To maintain our family-like culture with currently ~90 employees, we value reliability, courage, passion & enthusiasm, and mutual support.
For the last 50 years, we have been building solutions in the field of school administration (https://www.untis.at/50-jahre) and recently made the decision to create a new generation of our products.
This is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- have a central role in the company — the product is the core of our business
- work on a product that affects the daily life of millions of school administrators, teachers, students, parents
- spend a lot of time with our users, support team, and sales partners to get a deep understanding of customer needs
- work closely with designers, developers, testers across different platforms (Windows, Web, iOS, Android)
- contribute to company-wide goal setting and manage new features from idea to release and documentation
- plan sprint goals and releases
- develop bright new ideas to create the future of digitalization at schools but also deep-dive on legacy features and come up with solutions to modernize them
- help to improve our way of working together with engineering teams, scrum masters, and management
Pay and benefits
- A competitive salary depending on your qualification and experience (Minimum 2020 IT-KV salary for ST1: €48,286)
- A significant part of the company earnings is distributed to the employees
- A dedicated team budget for personal development
- Flexible working hours and home office possibility
- Flat decision-making structures, eye-level communication, and product focus
- An (award-winning) modern office in Stockerau with team rooms and collaboration areas
- A big sunny garden to enjoy catered lunch and beers and even an office gym
- A garage for parking your car, scooter, or bike
The hiring process
At Untis, we believe that our work speaks for itself — therefore:
- Submit your initial application and tell us about your success stories as product owner/manager
- Work on a real-life Untis problem.
- Discuss the reasoning behind your work, collaboratively.
- Learn from each other's goals and interests.
- You are part of Untis!
P.S.: This profile was a product of many iterations and ideas from across the organization
- work experience in a similar role OR as a school teacher
- plus: degree or experience in software development or ui/ux design
- you're passionate about education and helping schools manage digitalization
- you can keep an overview over complex topics and like to make fast decisions
- you’re excellent at prioritizing and are familiar with processes/tools to facilitate that
- you can communicate complex topics using appropriate words for different audiences
- you like to find simple UX solutions for difficult problems (and you’re good at it)
- fluent in German (to talk with users, clients, and sales partners) and English (to talk to your team and international sales partners)