C++/C# Software Engineer (m/f/x)
What we are doing
We make everyday life at school easier (https://www.untis.at/en/why-untis/company/about-untis) by connecting millions of time-tablers, teachers, students, and parents in more than 25.000 schools around the world.
To maintain our connected culture with currently more than 100 employees we value reliability, courage, passion & enthusiasm, and mutual support (https://www.untis.at/jobs/how-we-work).
For the last 50 years we have been building solutions in the field of school administration (https://www.untis.at/50-jahre) and recently made the decision to create a new generation of our products.
This is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Improve the Untis desktop application including (new features, enhancements, bug fixes)
- Integrate the desktop client (C++/C#) with our web application including
- Migration of the persistence code to Web APIs
- Harmonizing the data models of our products
- Redesign and re-engineer projects of legacy parts of the desktop application
- Evaluate and experiment with new technologies and work on architecture decisions
- Work in an agile team closely with our product owners
- Help and learn from your colleagues
What we offer
- An annual salary starting at 50.000 EUR. We're happy to pay more depending on your qualification and experience.
- Flexible working hours and home office on specific work days
- For non-German speakers: support in learning the language
- Modern, brand new offices with a sunny garden and gym
- Catered lunch
- Events for employees
What we expect from you
- Several years of experience in C++
- Experience in MFC, C#, WinForms is beneficial
- You are excited to solve complex problems
- You have no problems getting your hands dirty on legacy code
- You have a degree in software engineering or relevant work experience
- Fluent English, B1 German