Senior Agile Software Engineer - Daily Planning (d/f/m)
Austria, Niederösterreich, Stockerau/Wien/RemoteDayWatch
We make everyday life at school easier by connecting millions of time-tablers, teachers, students, and parents in more than 26.000 schools around the world. To maintain our connected culture with currently more than 100 employees we value reliability, courage, passion & enthusiasm, and mutual support. For the last 50 years we have been building solutions in the field of school organization and recently made the decision to create a new generation of our products.
- Through our work, we can positively influence the school day and the learning experiences of millions of children, teens and students worldwide.
- We foster agile, autonomous teams and self-management, so every employee is free to flexibly organize his or her working hours and location, among others.
- We have cool, modern workspaces near Praterstern in Vienna and a great, award-winning headquarter 15 minutes from Vienna (Stockerau) - in case you want to have a coffee with your colleagues.
- We offer subsidized lunch, while also helping to support local businesses. In addition, you can really work out in our (own) fitness room, both in Vienna and Stockerau.
- We offer cutting-edge IT equipment both in the office and at home.
- As a company in the EdTech sector, continuous improvement and learning, but also personal growth of our Untisians is very important to us. We encourage developer experience with our own technical excellence training program.
- We live a culture of striving to be better together and celebrate our failures.
- Our flat hierarchy enables us to make quick decisions and to provide a transparent view on the "why".
- We practice an open communication and so we do not hide our current weak points:
- We have a 10+ year old web application, and you will have to manage some remaining legacy issues. A focus is currently on reducing technical debt and accelerating our development, while maintaining quality.
- We have ambitious goals and need your help to achieve them together as a team. In some areas of cooperation, be it communication, processes or structures, we have not yet reached the level where we would like to be, but we are already on a very good path.
- We offer a market-oriented salary range in our team between 52,000 euros and 70,000 euros gross per year (38.5h/week and no all-in). Depending on your qualifications and professional experience, you decide on your salary together with the team.
- Our team owns the “Daily Planning” domain in WebUntis. This includes the areas of Substitution Planning, Timetable Visualisation, Activity Bookings and Exams.
- First and foremost, we want to hire a Smart Software Engineer who is fun to work with.
Backend focus or fullstack - this is secondary.
- You work on a scalable web application that helps many schools around the world to manage their school day, as part of a cross-functional agile team.
- You implement awesome product features in your preferred programming language and collaborate with other teams and colleagues.
- You will mostly work on Spring Boot microservices using Java and Gradle, with MariaDB as database technology and Kafka for inter-service communication.
- We continuously improve our development experience by applying DevOps practises, using CI/CD with Docker/Gitlab.
- To a lesser extend, you will support us with change requests and bugfixes in a older Spring Java system.
- You wish to use your know-how for a good cause, benefiting millions of people in the education industry.
- Knowledge of agile processes and principles as well as practical experience with agile development methods
- Practical experience with software design & software architecture as well as with the implementation of software solutions
- Know-how about complex system landscapes, design patterns and clean code approaches
- Hands-on mentality and openness towards different cultures and backgrounds
- Practical experience with DevOps principles and tools such as CI/CD
- Background and extensive experience in Java, Spring (or C#)
- Experience with REST/SOAP services in a microservice context
- Experience with containerized services and applications (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes) is a plus
- Good verbal and written communication in German and/or English. For non-native German speakers, we offer support in learning the language.
- Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail