Senior Agile Software Engineer - Integration (d/f/m)
Austria, Niederösterreich, Stockerau/Wien/RemoteIntegration
We make everyday life at school easier by connecting millions of time-tablers, teachers, students, and parents in more than 26.000 schools around the world. To maintain our connected culture with currently more than 100 employees we value reliability, courage, passion & enthusiasm, and mutual support. For the last 50 years we have been building solutions in the field of school organization and recently made the decision to create a new generation of our products.
- Through our work, we can positively influence the school day and the learning experiences of millions of children, teens and students worldwide.
- We foster agile, autonomous teams and self-management, so every employee is free to flexibly organize his or her working hours and location, among others.
- We have cool, modern workspaces near Praterstern in Vienna and a great, award-winning headquarter 15 minutes from Vienna (Stockerau) - in case you want to have a coffee with your colleagues.
- We offer subsidized lunch, while also helping to support local businesses. In addition, you can really work out in our (own) fitness room, both in Vienna and Stockerau.
- We offer cutting-edge IT equipment both in the office and at home.
- As a company in the EdTech sector, continuous improvement and learning, but also personal growth of our Untisians is very important to us. We encourage developer experience with our own technical excellence training program.
- We live a culture of striving to be better together and celebrate our failures.
- Our flat hierarchy enables us to make quick decisions and to provide a transparent view on the "why".
- We practice an open communication and so we do not hide our current weak points:
- We have a 10+ year old web application, and you will have to manage some remaining legacy issues. A focus is currently on reducing technical debt and accelerating our development, while maintaining quality.
- We have ambitious goals and need your help to achieve them together as a team. In some areas of cooperation, be it communication, processes or structures, we have not yet reached the level where we would like to be, but we are already on a very good path.
- We offer a market-oriented salary range in our team between 52,000 euros and 70,000 euros gross per year (38.5h/week and no all-in). Depending on your qualifications and professional experience, you decide on your salary together with the team.
- You work on a scalable web application that helps many schools around the world to manage their school day, as part of a cross-functional agile team.
- As member of the integration team you work on streamlining the integration of our web application with school administration software used by our strategic customers in several international markets.
- Together with our stream-aligned product teams you implement standard APIs necessary for smooth system integrations.
- You implement awesome product features in your preferred programming language and collaborate with other teams and colleagues.
- You wish to use your know-how for a good cause, benefiting millions of people in the education industry.
- Several years of practical experience with software design & software architecture as well as with the implementation of software solutions
- Knowledge of agile processes and principles as well as practical experience with agile development methods
- Hands-on mentality and openness towards different cultures and backgrounds
- Practical experience with DevOps principles and tools such as CI/CD
- Background and extensive experience in Java, Hibernate, Spring, Spring Boot and Spring Security
- Experience with database technologies such as MariaDB
- Knowledge about SSO mechanisms using OAuth, OIDC, SAML or LDAP is a plus as well as application performance monitoring
- Experience with containerized services and applications (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes) is a plus
- Experience with REST/SOAP services in a microservice context (e.g. RESTful APIs, API gateway and Rate-Limiting)
- Familiarity with integrating third-party systems
- Know-how about complex system landscapes, design patterns and clean code approaches
- Sound user knowledge of common product management tools such as Atlassian
- Good verbal and written communication in German and/or English. For non-native German speakers, we offer support in learning the language.
- Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail